The TB Rapid Test is a chromatographic immunoassay (CIA) for direct qualitative detection of Tuberculosis antibody in human serum or plasma.
1. Open a pouch containing a cassette and lay the cassette on a flat surface.
2. Carefully apply 4UL of sample onto the light blue line (sample indicating line) printed on the center area of membrane as illustrated in figure 1:
Note: Do not overload sample, 4UL is enough.
Do not scratch the membrane.
3. Wait one minute and let sample solution absorb on the membrane.
4. Add two drops (40-80UL) of chasing buffer into the sample well (S).
5. Read the result in 15 minute
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
1. Negative: Only one pink band appears control region (C), no band in test region (T). This indicates that there is no detectable TB antibody in the specimen.
2. Positive: Two pink bands appear on both test region and control region. This indicates that the specimen contains detectable amount of TB antibody.
3. Invalid: If no band appears in the control region(C), regardless of the presence or absence of line in the test region (T). It indicates a possible error in performing the test. The test should be repeated using a new device.